Ipoh Trip | Pasar Grocer and Canning Dim Sum


Assalamualaikum dear readers. We meet again in another review. This blog post will be in English since I want to polish my writing skill hahaha. I am not that good but practices make perfect right. So here I want to share with all off you about my Ipoh trip !

At first I was really craving for dim sum. Yeah I know I have ate dim sum previously in this post, but this one is very rare cause the dim sum was made by themselves, so you can't find it elsewhere. That's what I know la. Correct me if I am wrong ya.

But when I arrived at the Canning Dim Sum, the queue was super long. My husband and I go to the counter and take our number while my sister in law waiting in the car. The waiter told us that the waiting time is around 30 minutes. I am aware of it since my sister in law had come here previously.

So in order to kill the time, we went to the nearest Pasar Grocer. I could'nt review the food here because I didn't try it out. Just bought some ice cream and chilling there. My sister in law did bought juice and some 'manisan' from oversea. She said taste good but not for me I guess. That is why we are all have different taste bud hahahaha

The ambience here was really cool and pretty



The ice cream were super scrumptious! Should buy more hihihihi

The most excited one, my lil Aqil^^

After chilling there for almost more than 30 minutes, we hurriedly go to the Canning Dim Sum, the location between this two stores was very close. Once we arrived at the Canning Dim Sum, we can directly enter the restaurant as got one table reserved for us. It was a very nice because we don't even felt the waiting time was long hahahah. 

Not easy to take the picture here, a lot of people waiting outside of this restaurant so I have to crop =)

We ordered Chinese tea. the taste was so good and refreshing. This was my first time eating this kind of dim sum. Never see anything like this. There was a clamp dim sum hahahaha. Carrot dim sum lol and others I forgot its name -,- but the taste were really delicious! Must repeat if going back to my husband hometown again.

Ordered by sister in law. Taste so delicious too !

The green one is spinach dumpling while the blue one is butterfly pea dumpling. Taste 4.5/5 !

Salted egg pau. First time eating this kind of pau.

So actually, the waiter will bring all this kind of dim sum, dumpling, tart or any kind that they sell to our table and we need to choose it that time. I guess they got a very brilliant trick! I just ask what is the name of it, the waiter keep saying, "this is chicken dim sum rolled with duck skin, try one you will request more." hahaha so funny the marketing style is A+ >.<

Paying time, thank you husband for the treat. I am the happiest wife ! Craving fulfilled hihihi. To sum up, we have a great experience here. Will repeat to come here again if get chances.

Till then,
vanilla Maple

22 comments

  1. Husband akak pun orang Ipoh gak..hehe..Boleh lah try ajak mr hubby akak nyinggah sini gak bila-bila balik Ipoh wpun dia tak minat chinese food..but sis loike..hehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, ajak k.fiezz. kena ajar dia makan mesti dia pon tak boleh move on >.<
      husband VM pon jenis bukan suka sangat makanan macam ni.. tapi lepas cuba perghh sedap katanya.. takut dia pulak yg lagi suka hahaha

      Delete
  2. Awesome this place had butterfly pea dim sum. It was unique and rare to find at other places.
    No wonder it was packed with patrons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup very rare. butterfly pea, too cute to eat hahahaha..
      My first time seeing and trying it.. sedap pulak tu..
      Sure, you need to try if get the chances! hihihi

      Delete
  3. Nice place. Boleh try dimsum kat sini pulak nanti.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup very nice and the waiter sangat attentive hehehe

      Delete
  4. wahhhhh sedap nampaknya dimsum tu, terus lapar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahah kan.. VM setiap kali tengok teringat rasa dia yang sedap^^

      Delete
  5. i always wanted to go to canning dimsum! unik lah variety dimsum dia, lawa yg kaler biru tu! price per plate tu range berapa? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. alamak actually tak sure per plate berapa, main ambil saja hahaha

      Delete
  6. yg biru tuuuu wowww weee👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  7. Duk teringin nak makan dimsum. Entah bila agaknya dapat merasa hahah

    ReplyDelete
  8. patutlah selalu penuh orang. unik menu dia. hai aqil! aunty ana geramm tengok hensem boy ni hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unik sangat, kena cuba taw hehehe..
      Aqil cakap tentiu aunty^^

      Delete
  9. apesal cantik teruk kedai ni.. suka mama tgk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this entry ♥ You can leave any comments or suggestions. But, please do not use harsh words :)